To list your event, send information to Carol Pinto-Smith, Valley News Dispatch, 210 Wood St., Tarentum, PA 15084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trick or treat
Residents participating in trick-or-treating must turn on their porch lights.
Allegheny Township: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Apollo: 6 to 8 pm October 29.
Arnold: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Avonmore: Parade at 4:30 pm October 29. Lineup will be at 4 pm next to the children’s hospital at 619 Cambria Ave. There will be activities and refreshments after the parade on Fifth Street and at the firehouse. The treatment will start from 6 to 8 in the evening
Bethel:Trunk-or-treat, 4 to 6 pm Oct. 29 at the volunteer fire station. The kitchen will be open. The trick will start from 6 to 8 in the evening October 29.
Brackenridge: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Cheswick: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
East Deer: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Fawn: Trunk-or-treat, 11am to 2pm Oct. 29 at Fawn Volunteer Fire Department No. 1, 497 Lardintown Road. Children in costume with an adult welcome. Food will be served, and there will be a bag raffle. To sign up to create a log, visit tinyurl.com/ mr3wfytn. Inquiries: email@example.com.
Fraser: 5 to 8 pm October 30.
Freeport: 6 to 8 pm October 31. Poetry at 7 pm Wednesday. Registration starts at 6pm at the fire station on Market Street. Cash reward.
Gilpin: Trunk-or-treat, noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 29 at Gilpin- Leechburg Park, Park Road. Food trucks will be available. Details: 724-845-0981.
Harrison: 6 to 8 pm October 29.
Hyde Park: 5 to 7 pm October 29.
Kiski County: Trunk-or-treat, 6 to 8 pm Oct. 30 at the firehouse, 1037 Route 56. Trunk reservations: Diane at 412-601-1782.
Leechburg: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Lower Burrell: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
New Kensington: 6 to 8 pm October 29.
plums: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
South Buffalo: Trunk-or-treat, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 29 at the firehouse, 100 Firehall Road. There will be free hot chocolate and prizes for best costumes and best trunks.
Springdale: 5:30 to 7:30 pm October 31.
Springdale Township: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Tarentum: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
Upper Burrell: The free Halloween celebration for students ages 1 to 12 runs from 1 to 2:30 pm Oct. 30 at city hall. There will be a costume parade, crafts and entertainment. Reservations required by Friday. Reserve: 724-335-3517.
Vandergrift: 6 to 8 pm October 31. Parade at 6 pm October 29. Lineup will be 5 pm at the Kennedy Park gazebo. Children 12 and under will receive food bags and are eligible for a trial.
West Deer: 6 to 8 pm October 31.
West Leechburg: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 for district residents in elementary through sixth grade.
Activities open to the public
• Trunk-or-Treat Dogs and Pups: Noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 29 at Elevated Hair Co., 30 Terrace Ave. There will be a silent auction, face painting and vendors. Dry hair cut for $20. Welcome fur babies. All proceeds will be donated to the animal charity Tiny Cause.
• Northmoreland Park Hobgoblin Skipper: 7 to 9 pm October 29 at the park, Allegheny Township. The half-mile walk haunted by ghouls, monsters and goblins is recommended for ages 8 and up. Parents are encouraged to participate with children. Food will be available. Sponsored by the park district and recreation department. Donations will be accepted. rain or shine.
• Autumn festival, 1 to 4 pm October 29 in the town square. There will be a parade, vendors, food trucks and more. Details: apollopaevents.org.
• Tree-po-Treat, 3 to 5 pm October 30 in the back parking lot at Apollo United Presbyterian Church, 401 First St. Decorate your car and give out treats or bring your little ones in costume for the treats. There will be children’s games and a costume and car show.
• Horror Movies, 7 to 11 pm Fridays and Saturdays through October 29 at the Tour-Ed Mine Site, 748 Ridge Road. Cost: $15 per person, cash and credit cards accepted, except Discover. Details: 724-472-5979 or shadowshaunterattraction.com.
• Good Library, 6 to 8 pm October 28 at the Allegheny Valley Community Library, 1522 Broadview Blvd., Natrona Heights. Free pumpkin patch and goody bags for kids 5 and under. Fashion boost. Details: 724-226-3491
• Boo Bash, 6 to 8 pm October 29 at Natrona Community Park, 12 River Ave. There will be a DJ and candy bars. Welcome everyone. Sponsored by Block Building of Natrona.
• Ghostly Gathering Block Party, 6pm to midnight on October 29 on Oregon Avenue, Natrona Heights. Outdoor party with drinks, food, snacks and candy. DJ and dancing from 6 to 9 pm on the back street. Welcome in general. Details: Jen Luzik at 724-493-1365.
• Halloween Show, 7 pm October 27. The line will be at the fire station. Prizes will be awarded for fashion, organization and craft. A Pumpkin trail will start from 11am to 1pm October 29 at the business on Market Street. The route will end at the firehouse, where the fire department will provide hot dogs and there will be a log-or-treat sponsored by the fire company and the Leechburg Public Library. Setting up the log or trick starts at 11:15 am
• Stick-or-Treat, 2 to 4 pm October 29 at Puckety Presbyterian Church, 1009 Puckety Church Road. Park in the high school lot next to the church. There will be children’s games and prizes for the best decorated cars.
Apollo in the North
• Tree-po-Treat, 6 to 7:30 pm Wednesday at North Apollo Church of God, 507 20th St. Costume prizes will be awarded. Welcoming members of the public to hand out food from their decorated car trunks.
• Trick or treat, Around 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26 after the Book Buddies meeting at the Oakmont Carnegie Library, Allegheny River Blvd., for children 5 and younger in uniform and their caregivers. No reservation required. Details: 412-828-9532.
• Fall Festival, 11 am to 4 pm October 29 on Allegheny River Boulevard. rain or shine. The parade will begin at 11 am, and the children’s lunch bags will be distributed by shops and businesses after the parade. There will be music, crafts, train rides, food, pumpkin painting, a costume contest and more. Details: oakmont-pa.com.
• Stick-or-Treat, 5 to 6 pm or 6 to 7 pm Wednesdays at Plum Community Library and Community Center, 445 Center New Texas Road. Register to attend each session. Reserve: plumlibrary.org.
• History Time, 6:30 pm Tuesdays at South Butler Community Library, 240 W. Main St., Saxonburg. Come in costume for a non-scary story.
• Stick-or-Treat, 6 to 8 pm October 29 at South Buffalo Volunteer Firehall, 100 Firehall Road. Free. Prizes will be awarded for best logs and best costumes. Supported by the fire department.
• Pumpkin decorating party, 6 p.m. Wednesday at Springdale Free Public Library, 331 School St. Children in kindergarten through sixth grade are welcome. Reservations required. Reserve: 724-274-9729.
• Tree-po-Treat, 1 to 3 pm October 30 in the D-Wing parking lot of Springdale Jr.-Sr. High School, Colfax Street. Donations will be accepted. There will be a Build-A-Bear raffle with Pittsburgh Coffee Co. will be on site. Reservations required by October 25. Sponsored by the Springdale High School Prom Committee and Kelly Motter State Farm Agent. Reserve: tinyurl.com/muzu2mxz.
• Springdale Open Bible Church heart pass outside Cheers bags yes children from 5:30 yes 7:30 p.m Ok. 31 c of the church, 401 Colfax St.
• Boo Feast, noon to 5 p.m. Oct. 29 at Riverview Memorial Park, First Avenue. There will be entertainment, crafts, food, hayrides, hayrides and free children’s games. Details: Carrie at 724-448-1470.
• BridgePoint Church free hot dogs and bags of candy will be distributed from 6:30 to 8:30 pm Oct. 31 at the church, 400 E. Ninth Ave.
• Great Patch, nfrom 3pm October 29 at Franklin Park. Sponsored by Vandergrift Parent Project. There will be a free pumpkin patch, bean toss, costume contest and more. Food will be available.
• Tree-of-meal, 3 to 4 pm October 30 at Deer Creek United Presbyterian Church, 33 Bairdford Road. Children must come in uniform. The event will be held outdoors. Welcome trunk owners to distribute food. Backup logs: 724-443-1355.