BLOOMFIELD, NJ – There aren’t enough things to do in or near Bloomfield to get the winter holiday season off to a great start.
Christmas and Hanukkah, the eighth day of the Jewish festival, are separate this year, with Hanukkah running from December 18 to 26. Christmas will be held on the 25th of December, but you don’t have to wait to start taking it all in. sights and sounds of the holidays.
In Bloomfield, local businesses and the Bloomfield Center Alliance will welcome shoppers to Bloomfield Center to participate in the third annual Holiday Hunt on Saturday, November 26, which will include music, actions and price tags. Read more: Bloomfield Family Engagement Festival Returns for 2022
Here are some events near Bloomfield worth checking out:
- A Nutley holiday tradition is returning for its 60th year in 2022. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in town on Friday, Nov. 25 to Park Oval by helicopter at 2 pm (doors open 1 pm) Almost 4,000 participants in the event. every year, according to the Nutley Chamber of Commerce. Read more: Santa Is Coming To Nutley (And He’s Driving A Helicopter)
- A popular winter village with ice sports, go-karts and heated “igloos” will return for the 2022 holiday season in Newark. Read more: Newark ‘Winter Village’ Has Ice Sports, Inflatable Igloos, Shopping
- An “immersive Christmas light show” is returning to Newark for 2022. Dasher’s Light Show will reopen on Friday, November 25 at the Newark Moonlight Cinema , 220 Orange Street. It runs until Saturday, December 31, and will be open seven days a week starting at 5 p.m., with re-entry at 10: 30 in the evening. Read more: Be-Thru Christmas Light Extravaganza Returns To Newark
- In Montclair, the city’s annual tree display will return at 6 p.m. on Thursday, December 1 on Church Street. The event will have activities for children, a giant snowman, an inflatable candy bar, entertainers, an acapella singing group, and, of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus will make a special visit,” said the organizers. Read more: Montclair Holiday Tree Lights return for 2022
- In West Orange, holiday fans will be able to see Santa at the West Orange Christmas Tree Lighting on Saturday, December 3. Children can also visit Santa at the popular “Holiday Lights Spectacular” at the Turtle Back Zoo, which runs until Saturday, December 31. Read more: Famous Saturday Light Show returns to the zoo for 2022
- Every year, workers turn on thousands of holiday lights in Millburn’s Taylor Park so people can take a “Winter Walk” among them. The annual Winter Walk and celebration of lights is scheduled for this Sunday, November 20, from 2 to 6 p.m. After that, you can people then stroll through the park, illuminated by thousands of lights, until January 15. Read more: Winter Walk through thousands of lights in Essex County through January 15
- More than 50 years ago, artist Ernie Camuso created a special light show for the holidays in Livingston. As organizers prepare for the reopening, some expectations have been announced.
The show usually runs from early December until New Years. Read more: Things Announced For Big Shows at Livingston Holiday
This article includes reports from the Patch national desk
Send internal comments and corrections to email@example.com. Learn more about advertising on Patch here. Find out how to post announcements or events to your Patch site.